- Italian Environment Ministry commits 4.5 million euro for the protection of the Mediterranean
- The money will go to improving protection of marine parks and tackling marine litter, among others
- Global Environment Outlook findings for the pan-European region form basis for common action
- Up to 44,000 Poles die prematurely due to poor air quality, according to European Environment Agency
- Better use of available resources could earn the region 1.8 trillion Euro and create up to 3 million jobs in EU alone
Brazil and Barcelona star takes up Gisele Bündchen invitation to help end illegal trade in wildlife
"This new campaign will not allow ignorance, indifference, fashion or status to serve as an excuse." - UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador Li Bingbing
- Partnership for Action on Green Economy is supporting governments in Peru, Colombia and Mongolia to introduce green policies.
- Mongolia plans to green public education buildings, by reducing heat loss by 20 per cent by 2020 and by 40 per cent by 2030.