Final Call for Media Accreditation for UN Environment Assembly (UNEA) Fri, Jun 13, 2014
Media roundtable sessions to begin 22 June 2014.
The first-ever UN Environment Assembly (UNEA) will open its doors on 23 June 2014. Media are alerted that online registration will remain open until Monday, 16 June EOB
To register: please go to http://www.unep.org/unea/media/accreditation.asp.
Collection of registration badges and on-site registration will be open from Tuesday, 17 June to Friday, 20 June from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the UN complex in Gigiri. Please bring an ID/passport and valid press card.
The following press conferences will be held with top international experts and ministerial-level participation:
Monday, 23 June:
- 1:00 p.m. Opening press conference and launch of UNEP Yearbook: 10-Year Review of Key and Emerging Environmental Issues
Tuesday, 24 June:
- 1:00 p.m. Launch of South-South Trade and Green Economy Report
Wednesday, 25 June:
- 1:00 p.m. Launch of new Rapid Response Assessment on Wildlife Trade: Global Perspective (UNEP-Interpol-UN Office for Drugs and Crime)
Thursday, 26 June:
- 1:00 p.m. Press conference on Oceans with Prince Albert of Monaco, UNEP and the Global Ocean Commission: 40 Years of Action on the Regional Seas
Friday, 27 June:
- 2:00 p.m. Closing press conference
Media roundtables, with briefings by ministers and experts, will include sessions on:
- Environment and the rule of law
- Financing the Green Economy
- Towards a New Climate Deal: Overview of Challenges and Opportunities
- State of the World's Apes
- The Illegal Trade in Wildlife: Challenges and Opportunities
A full list of media roundtables and speakers can be found at: http://www.unep.org/unea/docs/roundtable_sessions.pdf.
We look forward to your attendance at this unprecedented event.
For more information, please contact:
Ruth Sego, +254 727 432 593/+254 20 762 2543, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waiganjo Njoroge, +254 723 857270, Email: email@example.com
Melissa Gorelick, +254 20 762 3088/ +254 71 621 4041, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
comments powered by