ADAPTATION KNOWLEDGE DAY IV
"Sharing Climate Change Adaptation Knowledge and Experiences”
Thursday 6 June 2013, Gustav-Stresemann-Institut (GSI), Bonn
The full summary of the day can be accessed on this link: Minutes Adaptation Knowledge Day IV
13:30 – 13.45 Opening and introductory remarks
Speakers: UNEP – Keith Alverson
14:30 – 16:00 Session 1: Ecosystem-based Adaptation and Climate Resilience
Facilitator: – Global Adaptation Institute – Ian Noble
Panelist presentations and discussion on the following topics:
- What is EbA and how does it differ from adaptation business as usual?
- How do we practically measure EbA and its effectiveness?
- What are some core indicators, and challenges for monitoring and evaluation of resilience in short and long-term?
- How can approaches such as community based adaptation improve communities’ ability to adapt to climate change?
– UNDP – Pradeep Kurukulasuriya
– IUCN – Edmund Barrow - Presentation
– IIED – Saleemul Huq -
– David Kaluba, Government of Zambia - Presentation
15:00 – 16:15 Session 2: What do Decision-makers and Practitioners Need to Know about Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA)?
Facilitator: UNEP – WCMC – Robert Munroe & Musonda Mumba
This session identified gaps and how they are being addressed
UNEP-WCMC - Robert Munroe Presentation
CARE International - Agnes Otzelberger Presentation
Wetlands International – Vera Coelho Presentation
UNDP – Caroline Petersen Presentation
Nepal LDC Expert Group – Batu Uprety Presentation
16:15 – 16:30 Cofffe/Tea
16:30 – 17:45 Session 3: Lessons Learned from Climate Change Adaptation Case Studies
Facilitator: IUCN – Edmund Barrow
During this session party members and adaptation practitioners will share lessons learned from Climate Change Adaptation Projects
IUCN- Ali Raza Presentation
Government of El Salvador – Jorge Quezada Presentation
Conservation International & IUCN - CEM - Angela Andrade Presentation
the GEF, Bonizella Biagini Presentation
WWF Nepal - Ugan Manandhar Presentation
Government of Peru - Eduardo Durand Presentation
17:45 – 18:00 Conclusions and closing remarks by Organisers
The full summary of the event Report
For further information email Felice van der Plaat: Felicitas.vanderPlaat@unep.org