A small but growing EIA sector is now developing in Afghanistan.
Achievements to date include:
- EIA regulations have been approved and will be gazetted shortly;
- EIA administrative guidelines have been approved;
- A pollution control policy paper has been approved;
- Work has been started on the development of a waste management policy and of environmental quality standards for air, water and pollution control;
- A survey to identify the types of chemicals currently used by the industry in Afghanistan and the main chemical pollutants likely to have a significant impact on human health has been conducted; and
- A report on the determination of waste streams in Afghanistan has been developed.
Video: Breathing Hope Into Kabul